Web

5/27/2014

Giving the Potting Shed a Facelift

These past two weeks have been busy with completing outdoor projects and watching ball games along with working on one of my current favorite projects--the shed. One day, when the quick, simple idea came to me to put gravel in front, I decided to go for it. I put plastic row cover down over the grass and called a friend to bring us a truck load of pebbles. At the end of the day, after some hard labor, we had the perfect place to enjoy evening campfires.


Then I felt like the front of the shed needed a facelift. too. It looked so dark and drab!


So I painted the window frames...


...and the trim along the outside with white paint.
Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do to things!?!


I hung chicken feeders filled with hens and chicks as window boxes.


I moved my old washtubs filled with herbs from the back porch to the shed.


That same day, I passed this raised bed beside the road within a mile from house. It had been used as crates from a factory and was perfect for my gardening purposes.


After making some contacts to see who owned them and asking if I could have one, my Dad and my girls had an adventurous trip hauling the 12' crate home in the back of my van! Quinton and Syd put composted leaves and dirt in the bottom,  then I topped it with the wet kind of potting soil.


I added another strip of plastic and spread the some of the extra gravel over.


I started these herbs from seeds when the snow was still flying. Look at them now!


I will be selling this long chicken feeder at my SHED OPENER VINTAGE SALE that I'll host here at my house on Friday, June 20 and Saturday, June 21 from 8 am to 7 pm.


I have collected lots...


...and LOTS of ironstone for this sale. So mark your calendars!


I've noticed quite a few of you followers have been getting in on the Instagram fad.
If you still haven't followed me, you can do so here.
I will continue posting many pictures there as I'm prepping for the sale.
 Hope to see you here on June 20 and 21!

No comments:

Blogging tips