Web

12/20/2012

Orange White Chocolate Truffles

 
Orange Creamsickle Truffle
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
Zest of 1/2 orange
3 Tbsp heavy cream
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Red and yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions:
Pour white chocolate chips into a mixing bowl, set aside. Melt butter along with orange zest in a small saucepan. Stir in cream and scald mixture. Pour hot cream mixture through a fine mesh sieve over white chocolate chips and using a rubber spatula press zest against sieve to release orange oils into mixture. Allow mixture to rest 1 minute, add orange extract and optional food coloring to white chocolate chip mixture then stir until smooth. Cover mixture and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to handle. Scoop mixture out by heaping teaspoon fulls and form into balls then roll in powdered sugar. Freeze truffles 20 minutes then enjoy. Store truffles in refrigerator as they will soften at room temperature or freeze for up to 1 month.
Got this off Pinterest, so I printed off recipe.
Instead of using baking chips I used  part of a white chocolate block. Also melted it a little in microwave before I added cream sauce.
My friend gave me a lb. of organic valley butter today so used it.
Like this zest er from Tupperware. It also has a different blade as a grater.

Guessing this is what makes it good.
Think might have scalded mine a little to much. Cause it separated when I added to chocolate. But still worked out.

Then added
some food coloring and extract.
Not to get side tracked but met the cutest Grandma looking for the old fashion pudding in the baking section at the store when I was looking for the extract. So I asked her whats old fashioned pudding? She said not the instant but the old fashion kind. Was guessing she was thinking not the kind the young generation uses that's just instantly done. She was cute as a button. Only to find out later shes my friend Becki's Grandma.
Then poured in flat pan so would chili sooner.
I formed them into balls and Syd rolled them in powdered sugar.


Then put them in fridge.
These are for special occasions. The key to truly enjoying a truffle is to roll it on your tongue and relish the moment.
Maybe I'll enjoy one when I get up early and the house is still quiet. And the coffee is steaming and I'm looking out the window of the beautiful bed of fresh white snow.
Or maybe It will be for when a friend stops by unexpected.
Maybe even nicely package a couple for my favorite bank teller.
Or perhaps I might impress my mother with them.
For what ever the purpose is of these magical ORANGE CREAM SICKLE TRUFFLES I promise to cherish them and share them with others. Hoping you will do the same.
















No comments:

Blogging tips