Web

11/09/2014

Restaging My Home in Prep for Christmas Decorating


I've been thinking about the upcoming Christmas season. If I'm totally honest I'm having to restrain myself from putting my tree up. I don't think I've ever had the Christmas itch this early.


First things first, I needed to de-clutter and restage my house in preparation.


So on this chilly Saturday, I stayed in my pajamas all day and cleaned and staged our home.


I picked up some white tulip bulbs last evening. I potted them in dirt and hoping they will at least bud. I used the new treasured wine rack that I found at the Country Living Fair to hold the TV. Now all I need are 50 bottles of wine.;)


I stuck a couple of pines in with my ironstone.


Love the all-white look...


with an antler and tin.


I think I mess around with this cabinet display just about everyday.


This gold ironstone pitcher was my latest treasure from a local thrift store.


Almost everything you see in these pictures was thrifted or bought secondhand.


I can only imagine how great this centerpiece will look with fresh pines and berries around it.


I've been debating about repainting this chandelier.


Then again, it will match these wild game glasses perfectly when I host holiday parties.


I cleaned and reorganized my industrial island.


I like to keep my everyday white plates at an easy place to reach.


I planted a little pine tree I found in the woods and covered the dirt with moss that grows in our yard. It brings some color to the area.


When I went to the Columbus Country Living Fair with a friend, I purchased this old mattress with this in mind. You can read about our adventure on here.
I also added battery Christmas lights and some old glass medicine caps on fishing line and it made for an Anthrapology feel.


I love these crates to hold my dishes, veggies and fresh fruit.


You can never have enough of these crates.


Of course, I had some great help from these two.

Now tonight I can sit and relax and enjoy my freshly restaged house.


I also got these two candle holders while browsing the thrift stores yesterday. My husband loves the fad I'm in with decorating with the antlers he brings home to me.


I will post a blog on my Christmas Home once it's complete.


So tonight I'm burning the last of the pumpkin candle before I treat myself with a nice Christmas scented one.
I leave you hoping to inspire you to use what you have and just restage it to give it new life. Are you ready to start bringing in the pine and making some popcorn strands for an old fashioned Christmas or what are you looking forward to?







No comments:

Blogging tips