Web

6/02/2015

Farmhouse Frocks & Lyssa Ann Portraits Opening A Studio In Millersburg



We have some exciting news!!!

Farmhouse Frocks is moving into a bigger space and collaborating with premiere photographer Lyssa Ann Portraits to create our best-ever dream studio together!
We both feel excited and blessed to have found the perfect building for us to use our talent together.
We are planning the Grande Opening of our studio on Thursday evening, July 2nd from 6 to 8 pm.
We will serve light refreshments and have drawings that evening.


I'm so excited about this beautiful old tile ceiling in the studio.

I hope to be able to bring you along for the ride over the next month as we revamp, paint, and make our studio into what we have pinned on Pinterest. If you don't see activity on my blog, you might want to jump over to my Instagram or Facebook to see the makeover as it's happening.



Alyssa's space has these amazing dome riser windows in the ceiling that will give her lots of natural lighting for her photo shoots.

We bought 14 gallons of white paint! That should give you a hint as to how much work is carved out for us in this next couple of weeks.


Our studio will feature the Farmhouse Frocks clothing line that we offer in sizes 5 to a women's plus size 28.
We will also carry a unique, one-of-a-kind line of farmhouse-style décor, ironstone, candles, jewelry, and painted furniture, as well as handmade curtains, pillows, and bags. Alyssa will carry wall-art canvases and metals from Amish Country that she has captured along the way.

We will use our studio as a work space but will also open for retail on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Our hours will be 10am-5pm during those days.
We have been prepping, praying and planning all we can to prepare ourselves for this exciting adventure.



One of the things I do when I'm out picking is I ask the Lord to show me where the best treasures are. It sounds so cliché, but, I'll tell you, it works! I've found many soft fabrics, ironstone, vintage lace, old tablecloths, and the list goes on and on. My latest treasure was this pair of matching old barn doors with the tracks. It felt like it was my kiss from God when I found them, and, to boot, they were FREE:)
After some sweat, blood, and a pressure washer, they were ready to be whitewashed and, thankfully, they are all ready to be hung.



Here is Alyssa with a piece of her metal wall-art.
She has an exciting week ahead for her. She's flying to Portland and getting married by a waterfall! So thrilled for all the adventures in her life at this time. She has also just finished renovating her little cottage she blogs about.

 

Go check her out at Cottonwood Shanty.
She has many talents and I feel blessed to have good, young blood on my team. 


Here is another winter Amish Country canvas she will also have in the studio.


That other thing I'm so excited about is to have my daughter, Felicia, as my new personal assistant.
She will also be doing design and sales.
She is good at helping you pick out your frock and working with you to decide what looks best on your body type. She has brought lots of value to this company, and I'm feeling blessed to have her work for me.
In the above picture, Felicia is wearing the Signature Frock. It comes in different colors.


As you can see, this is the same frock pattern but in a different color.


I have so much to share with you about what our plans are with the new studio!
One is to have classes that will empower women to empower people. It's called Studio 65 Workshops. No worries--we do allow men to join us, too! It's just that we feel passionate about helping women become better with the gifts they already have or maybe don't realize exist.

Here's our lineup for the first three classes:

Monday, July 13, 6-8pm
Instagram IQ by Lena Schlabach
*walk through setting up your account if you haven't already
*what is a hashtag and how to use it
*how to take clean pictures
*what apps to use for edits
*strategies for gaining new followers
*networking on IG
*using it to promote
*inspirational ways to use it
You will walk away knowing how to use new apps and feel empowered to be able to connect with people all over the world. We will help you think outside the box about what's at your fingertips.
Cost of this class is $25 and is non-refundable. To reserve your seat, email farmhousefrocks@gmail.com

Other classes lined up are:

Aug 10th, 6-8pm
Clean Photography for your Social Media by Alyssa Eliot

September 14, 6-8pm
Steps on Developing a Small Business by Lena Schlabach


I'm also so excited to have my talented friend Barb from Restoration Details doing all of our painted, one-of-a-kind furniture pieces. She will serve as our in-house designer and is available by appointment.

Her beautiful pieces will all have a name and a story that will be attached to the tag. She uses Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and other quality paints for furniture.
Barb puts added touches of love on and in these pieces.


As you can see!


The Matilda piece is stunning!!!


Our jewelry artist is Jess from Sassyfrass. She has mad talent of repurposing pieces in a rustbelt-made style. She has earned many artist awards and is well known in the Cleveland area for her amazing work.


We will also carry our Farmhouse Frocks Q-line Spoon Rings, made by my husband.


I've been collecting vintage mirrors for our bathroom and having lighting made.


I found this ottoman at a local thrift store. I used lace and linen scraps that were left over from my frocks to cover it in a shabby-chic style. I can't wait to show you the finished DIY project.


It might not be as pretty as the picture on Pinterest, but I love it!!!


I have nine Amish seamstress who are sewing for me at this time, and I'm feeling blessed to be able to make a difference in these women's lives.


We started the Farmhouse Frocks in September, and I have already learned so much on this new adventure. I've changed what doesn't work and am continuing to improve our cottage-style patterns and the quality of our fabrics.
One of my goals for bringing my daughter on board is to free more time up for me to share our stories and adventures along the way.

Here is our new clothing tag.
I'm proud to be an American-made product!


We will continue to base our business on operating with "more faith than fear".
We are planning on participating in the fall Country Living Fairs in Columbus, Ohio and Atlanta, Georgia.


This is Alyssa and me signing the lease for our leap of faith.
We want to thank all of you who have cheered us on along the journey this far.
Really, what it all comes down to, is we want to inspire others to follow your dreams, and maybe through our classes, pictures and frocks, you will feel empowered to be your greatest with what you are bestowed:)

We hope to see you at our GRANDE OPENING!!!

No comments:

Blogging tips