Web

11/30/2012

Star Garland For Our Tree

 
The last 24 hours I've been working on this star garlend along with my daily chores and commitments.
 
First I went online and print out a star to copy.
I had this music note book that I paid a $1 for at a thrift store last year.
Then I double the pages and cut....
and cut....
 
then I folded the stars.
When I got to a hundred I quit counting. Told my friend it would have been a good project for a granny sitting in her rocking chair.
I didn't like how white they looked so decided to see if I can bake them to antique them. First I only did one to experiment.


But was delighted it worked great! But please don't try it at home.lol
I just set it on air bake at 400 and stood close by with a fire extinguisher just in case.

Was happy I just picked up this sewing kit the other day at a thrift store for .50 cents.
Next I threaded a needle and threaded the stars away.
Then I put it on the tree.


I LOVE IT!!!!
 But have to say it looks better in person. So stop by my house for some egg nog and cookies soon.


















3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. Did you bake them to give them a specific color and texture?

Unknown said...

Katie
I baked them to yellow the paper to make them look old.

Mary said...

Wow! That looks great! It's got to be a good feeling of having put in all that time and ended up with such beauty...

Blogging tips