Web

5/04/2013

Dandelion Festival In Amish Country

Yesterday we had fun attending the Dandelion Festival at Brietenbach Winery in Sugarcreek.
It was such a pretty day out. The group of friends I went with were the girls that went with me to Florida on my 40th Birthday Beach Bash. I don't know if you remember these chevron beach bags?
We were missing one:( she had other commitments and couldn't make it yesterday. As we sat in the grass
and enjoyed the music. We laughed at the memories from Florida and got caught up on each others lives here and now.
This was a wonderful surprise. AS one of the girls handed me my belated Birthday present.

She made a book on shutterfly of our trip we took back in March. It will also be treasured. I truly feel so blessed being surrounded by such amazing people.
 
The festival is still going on today (Sat) so if you don't have plans or want to take a nice drive in the country it's a peaceful event.

They have a dandelion cook off in this barn this afternoon.

This is one of my favorite things to eat at the festival. Dandelion gravy over mashed potatoes.
We enjoyed the fellowship,music,sunshine oh and of course the awesome food.

Some of us kicked off our shoes and danced like no one was watching.

We met so many local talent. The guy lives in Wooster, but had moved here from California a couple years ago. Liked his story on making these wooden cutting boards.

Loved this color combo.

This is the one thing that I'm sorta still lusting over this morning. It was the most amazing beautiful makeup brush you ever seen. The guy that had this booth was from Columbus. So if you go there today please buy me one;)

What I enjoy about these kind of festivals is there is so much talent and stories that come out of these little tents. If you just take the time to listen.

We all got friendship bracelets.

We loved these guys BBQ sauce. He was the original maker of the sauce.

These wooden pens were also breath taking beautiful.

This is one of my friends that has local flavored maple syrups and jelly and jams. Check him out at Shagbark.


Since my husband is a spray paint artists. I loved talking to these artist from Dayton.
You can checkout my husbands art on this link.
Kathy showing us her pie sticker she got when we were in Florida. She is one that makes us all giggle till our belly's hurt.

Loved how all the beautiful wine barrels glowed as the sun set.
Was a great day of reconnecting and enjoying the beauty and talent all around us.
As we all headed home to our everyday life's we felt happy to have been in each others presence even though this time it was only for a couple hours.
The evening at the Schlabach's ended with a couple pans of fresh morsels. Did I feel blessed yesterday? YES!
Now go make your day a blessed day today!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Blogging tips