Web

5/22/2013

"Mt Hope Auction" Treasures In Amish Country ....PART 1(Series 4 of 7)

Today was Mt Hope Auction day. It is every Wednesday year round. Rain,snow or sunshine. Today was a perfect day for there was lots of sunshine.
This place was always my kids favorite place to go with their grandma when they were little.
They would sit for hours watching the animals unload on the catwalk in the auction barn.

I go for the fresh fruit and vegetables.

They are good priced and fresh.

The flee markets are great also. I got this bowl last year and now have my fairy garden in it.

The produce auction is downstairs in the forenoon then the bigger animals are auctioned off in the afternoon.

If you ever want to buy chickens to have your own eggs this is the place to go. Or even lambs or bunny's at Easter time.

The local ladies bring their carts and wagons to fill up with the treasures they find.

Last week this was my treasure. I got these eggs for .35 cents a dozen.
Next time plan your trip around being in Amish Country on a Wednesday. You see cute Amish kids and many treasures.
 
LINK: www.mthopeauction.com/

 

 
 

No comments:

Blogging tips