Web

9/11/2013

A Brunch Garden Party And Remembering 911


This morning, I met a bunch of friends at my friend Mary's house for a garden party. You can like her Facebook page.
Oh, what a treat we were in for! She even made the table you see us gathered around here!


Many of the women had not met the others before the party. It was fun to hear all my friends introduce themselves and tell the group of strong women where they were when 911 happened. It was inspiring as everyone's stories and emotions were different, but we all had one thing in common. You can ask anyone and they will always be able to tell you exactly what they were doing at the moment they found out about this tragic event.


When we first arrived at the brunch, we were greeted by Mary's smiling face and given time to visit and stroll through her flowerbeds.


She had this cozy magazine-worthy shed setting behind the house on a little knoll.


This is one those treasure stores you dream of. It has amazing hand made signs and shabby-chic accents for your home and garden...


...like this cute set of children chairs my friend Missy purchased later.

I loved this archway made out of screen doors. You can read about how she dug it out of her attic on her blog porchswingsnhoneysuckle.blogspot.com


As my friends learned to get to know each other over refreshing pre-brunch drinks...


..while listening to the self-made waterfall crafted from an old pump.


Soon, the host guided us to the wrap-around porch that lead us through these romantic gates. I loved the striped floors, too.


Soon, all 12 of us each found the perfect seat.


Mary used a quaint potting bench as the host table, which I'm sure she made also.


The menu was an endless feast not only for the belly but for the eyes, too.


Fresh herbs from her garden topped these cucumbers.


Country Living, be ready to come to Amish country for this relaxing garden party experience!

Everything was my favorite, but if I had to pick, my FAVORITE favorite would have been this bread with honey butter.


What a colorful idea for serving pancakes!


Yummo!


Here's Mary in the orange. Her home was also on the Blessing Design Team Christmas Tour.

I caught Kathy dumping this bowl of leftover Smokies into her purse.


Some of us meandered back up to the Shed...


...while the others hung out around the porches.


Love these three beautiful ladies who are sitting on this porch swing. They have all had a big impact on my life.


Mary also let us take a tour of her shabby chic style home.


Soon, a much-needed rain fell. What great timing--just when the party was over.

 

I'm thankful I took time to smell the flowers and spend time with friends today.


I'm freshly inspired to revamp our home with things that I have and paint.


As we made our way back to our busy lives, I realize we were all touched in different ways by this time of reflecting on what happened 12 years ago, yet being inspired to cozy our home and host others at the same time.


There were so many little touches that made us feel special...


...like the breeze that drifted through the curtains that hung around the outdoor dining area.

I hope you took time today to reflect on how much your family and friends mean to you.
As I finish up this blog, I feel blessed by that along with the liberty we have because of the troops and families that sacrifice their lives for our freedom.

No comments:

Blogging tips