Web

12/09/2013

Every Women's Christmas Home Tour In Amish Country


This past week was a whirlwind of many fun Christmas parties and celebrations that I can't wait to share with you. As promised in the previous blog about decorating a bathroom for a home tour to support Holmes County Every Woman's House.
This HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS 2013 was held in Holmesville at Dave and Jackie Schlabach's. No, we're not related:) It was a beautiful shaker-style home, which I'm sure he built himself with his company, Schlabach Builders.
We were able to tour the house on Patrons' Night and were served amazing food, donated by Der Bake Oven & CafĂ©. I'm still thinking about their sourdough herb bread served as a wreath sandwich. DIVINE!!!


We floated from room to room taking in the sparkle and glow. The kitchen was decorated by The Butterchurn @ Walnut Creek Cheese.

So many details!


The dining room was done by Amish Country Peddler.

Another designer was Kaufman's Kountry Accents.


The halls were decked beautifully by The Primitive Porch.


I was so inspired by all the different designers' touches that went into this home tour filled with love and support for the hurting.


Homestead Furniture also had a part of making it all come together.

Summer and I did the upstairs bathroom...


Vintage Glam Studio style. This music note wreath, which I had made for our own front door, will be back in place tomorrow. It has served it's purpose in more than one way, as we all hope to do.
I applaud Dave and Jackie for literally moving out of their home for this special event.
Another person who had a big part of making this all come together was Julie Kaufman. She has been a gem to work with and shared with me how easy the homeowners were to work with.
Julie said "I decided this is my year to give back!"


I have been a fan of the talented local designer Shawn Wilcox for years. Once again, he turned this living room into an amazingly cozy room representing Village Gift Barn/Country Gatherings. Ann Vaughn played the piano.

The style was mostly primitive.


befearless had some stunning holiday party dresses on display as well.
Summer almost tried on the silver sparkling one;)


Here are a couple of other local businesses that designed this event:


My friend Sara Yoder from The Linley House beautified the mud room...


...and the downstairs bathroom.
So many helped and sponsored this home tour. 
I'm glad you came with me to tour this amazing Christmas dwelling in the comforts of your own warm home. I don't regret venturing out on this evening of freezing rain because my heart was warmed by all the love that went into this event.

No comments:

Blogging tips