Web

3/29/2014

Crepe Recipe and Walking Through Flower Gardens

As the last blizzard hits us here in Ohio on March 29th. I decided to reminisce and go looking in the blog land for new inspiration on flowerbeds and gardens.
This above picture was taken out our front window last summer. 
This is what I see today. BLAH! Ok I'm not complaining no more.
I have many blessings to count.
I'm also so thankful for all the greens I have growing on the inside as the white stuff keeps coming down on the outside.
The forced bloom tulips and crocuses are finally growing.
I ended up transferring my herbs that I had started from seeds into old washtubs. Their just waiting to be wheeled outside.
Today was a lazy day of staying inside with good food. I made these crepes for breakfast.
CREPES
1 cup  flour
2 eggs
           1/2 cup milk 
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
    In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
    Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
    Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
    For the filling I just took cream cheese and little brown sugar and a dash of vanilla. Then drizzled with my homemade raspberry jam.
    Here's a link on me finding raspberry's last summer.
     
 
Let's get back on track on taking your mind to a happy walk in some flower gardens.
I had this beautiful butterfly friend visit us on our back porch last summer.
I'm planning on starting my own sweet potato plants this year.

Spring is my favorite time of the year with the blooming trees.
I took this picture of a freshly mulched flowerbed, at my friends house last spring.
I can't wait to get fresh fruits and veggies at the local farmers markets.

Hang with me because I about to share with you some awesome links on

ideas that inspired me and I'm hoping it will do the same for you.
This picture above is of my fairy garden with the pool in he background. That seems like another life. We are almost there:) I can see the blooms at the end of the tunnel.

I've had this window house in a flowerbed out by the road for a couple years, but its time to find it a new home for this treasured piece.
 I came across this blog, and I loved how she set the window house on a table and filled it with potted plants and pretty things. Here is her link:

 
Here is another blog that inspired me to soon get out into my gardening shed.
My friend Amy has such a gift for decorating her beautiful home with a vintage farmhouse style. She has a unique flare and does it all on a dime. Here is her link:
I saved this amazing potting shed made out of old doors and windows for last.
Here is her link:
 
Here is a link to my garden shed I did last year.
 
Hoping you enjoyed your walk through my friends and my flower gardens!
By the time you clicked through all these links this snowstorm will be over and it will be SPRING!!!
 
 






No comments:

Blogging tips