Web

5/14/2014

Decorating the Church for Mothers Day

When I was asked to decorate the church for Mother's Day. They told me they want it with lots of flowers.
So this shabby chic all white display is what I came up with. I used these mini cloth pins purchased at a local thrift store to make the bunting that says Happy Mother's Day.


I found this old screen door at the Habitat For Humanity Store the day before. So I tacked the jute bunting to the door.
The ruffled burlap curtains are from my Relaxnchic Etsy Store. My Amish aunt makes them with her old fashioned treadle sewing machine. I hung them on my friends photographer back drop frame.
I then hung a old chandelier in the middle of the frame.
We ordered the fresh flowers from Posey Pad. Hydrangea and white Lillie's are my favorite.
I cut the weeping willow clippings from my back yard. Along with the heavy cement planters filled with succulent from my flowerbeds, that were used as boulders to secure the display.
I used my ironstone and silver vases from home.
This vintage fabric came from the thrift store too, and I used it for a table cloth.
Along with a couple vintage mirrors and this display was ready to make the Mothers feel special when they walked into the church.
The curtains are now in route to Texas for a big cowboy wedding.
I hope this might of inspired you to take time to serve your local church with your own talent.
 
 All these photo credits go to a amazing new and rising photographer.
Alyssa Miller at Lyssa Ann Portraits go check out her gallery here:

 





No comments:

Blogging tips