Web

6/26/2014

A Drive In The Country to Destress


Last Sunday I dropped my daughter off at softball practice and decided to take a drive in the country all by myself. I wanted to de-stress and clear my mind from the crazy-busy week we had just come through.
I'm inviting you to ride along and hoping it will relax you as much as it did me.


This beautiful horse was grazing in a field of daisies.


As I drove along and saw many beautiful landscapes, I could tell that this was just what the soul needed.


I'm always intrigued by how this fence is rounded at the lone tree.


Right now the foliage is such a bright green, thanks to all the rains we've had. I think I appreciate it more then ever this summer after the hard winter we had.


I've taken many-a-picture of this pretty barn, and I still marvel at the beauty in the color of the cobblestones.


Ideally, I like to go down little roads I have never traveled before. That is getting harder since it has become a hobby of mine.


I imagine lots of photographers would love to know where this old church is located.


This is probably my favorite shot of the night. The vultures were just taking flight as I snapped this shot.


It was a kiss from God to see this rusty old truck sitting down in a valley of beautiful weeds.


When I stopped to take a picture of the old truck, I heard the trickling of this creek. I got out of the car and sat on a big stone, letting the layers of tension disappear from my shoulders.


When I saw this old camper sitting in a field, I wondered where it had traveled.  Maybe to Key West, the Canadian Rockies, L.A., or maybe up the east coast?


This is a little different setting with only a lone tree and a barn in the middle of a bunch of fields. I was wondering if, at one point in time, there was a house that completed the homestead.


As I zoomed in the camera, I saw this old rusty beauty sitting in front of the barn.


There were many beautiful things I just saw with my eyes and was too relaxed to even stop and capture the moment with the camera.


So many peaceful, neatly-kept farms along the way.


This pasture filled with free-range chickens also made my day.


There was a goat farm, too.


I hope you're enjoying the drive as much as I did. This was all within 5 to 10 miles from our home, and I had the mindset that I was on vacation.


I couldn't help but wonder what was in this old building...


...so I zoomed in in hopes of seeing a little more.

I'm blessed with being able to see the beauty all around me. 
Take time to enjoy where you live, no matter where it is.


No comments:

Blogging tips