Web

7/11/2014

The Vintage Fair in Amish Country


First of all, let me clarify that this is a different event than the Shed Opener Vintage Sale I held at my house a couple of weeks ago. I had not planned on having a booth at the Vintage Fair originally, with it being so close on the heels behind my Shed Opener. But when I got the call from a girlfriend on Tuesday before the Saturday fair to check just one more time to make sure I didn't want to do a combined booth with her, I was feeling adventurous and decided to say, "Sure! Why not?" I still remember pulling into the hospital parking lot to retrieve my Mom from surgery as I told her yes, I know I must have been crazy, but am I ever glad I did it. 


We set up the tents the day before and had everything beautifully displayed by that night.


We were so glad we had planned ahead since people were already waiting to get into our booth at 6:45 a.m.!
This was a very successful event considering it was the first Vintage Fair that Amish Country had ever held. The location was in the field beside Walnut Creek Furniture.
I had lots of ironstone displayed.


My friend Barb Chalmers from Restoration Details was my partner, and we called our booth Wired 2 Inspire.


Sometimes spur-of-the-moment events turn out the best.
This was the most entertaining day I've had in a long time as old and new friends stopped by. I've received so many nice messages and feedback on my Lena's Amish Granola Facebook page this week about the event!


I took two van loads for the fair and went home with half a van. That, my friends, is called FUN!


Here is my milk glass displayed on one of Barb's side tables.


The silver display.


It was a perfect day of sunshine accompanied by a soft breeze. We met the nicest people! Some were traveling through while others were local. We met this adorable thirsty dog, so we let him have the honor of drinking out of an ironstone bowl.


These friendly people also have a chicken coop and bought this old heating vent to serve as a coop window.


The ladies raved over the stunning hydrangea Barb grabbed out of her back yard at six a.m. the morning of the fair.


When I look at these pictures, I stand in awe of how much we sold.


We sold both of these chairs, and the table went home with our new and old friends. The one chair has a pretty cool story attached to it.


I think I saw this chair on a Facebook post later that night when the happy owner showed it off. :-)


Barb sold most of the painted furniture, and she was also happy with this fun event.

Someone bought that crate on the left for a wine rack. I had always wanted to use it for that purpose but never brought it forth.


My husband called to see how things were going, and I was thinking it was close to noon when he informed me that it was only nine a.m! Ha! I loved it! We already had big holes in our displays, so we just shuffled things around and tried to freshen up for the fair attendees who didn't make it out until later in the day.


The biggest thing was that we had fun. We will never tell you how many monster Amish Donuts we ate.



During the last hour the day before, I had decided to make this live plant chandelier to hang above the table. It was probably the most talked-about piece next to the hydrangea. Sweet Amy from Coblentz Chocolates went home with it.


I loved seeing these two colors together.


I also loved doing this fun event with my daughter who is always filled with sunshine.
I think Syd enjoyed it as much as we did.


We were lucky to be placed right next to one of my creative friends who has garden parties at her house. She is one of the most creative ladies I know. You can read her blog, Porch Swings n Honeysuckles, here.


Here's the display of the front of our booth when we opened. It endured many different facelifts throughout the day.


I love doing these kinds of events, and I'm brewing up a dream I have. I'll share it with you as soon as I have clarity. Of course, I'm hoping to see you at the next Vintage Fair!
Thanks to all of you who came out to support us, and a big thank you to the Walnut Creek Businesses for hosting this successful Vintage Fair.


I'd also like to thank my friend Rebecca from Rebecca's Bistro for inviting us to use our own inspiration to inspire others.
This is (l-r) Barb, me, and Rebecca. 
I'll share my own turnout from my Vintage Sale here at the house soon.
Hope you all have a great weekend and that you decide to use it to seize opportunities as they pop into your life!

No comments:

Blogging tips