Web

8/09/2014

Real Housewives of Holmes County go to Fete Blanc in Columbus


I'm so excited to share with you this fun event that my friends and I attended last week. Fête en Blanc originated in France. It's an all-white picnic where everyone is to wear all white and to bring their own picnic table, chairs, food, spirits, et tout le reste.


Doesn't that sound kind of dreamy?


Eight of us girls headed to the city from Amish Country in great anticipation of what the night would bring.


This event took place at the Greenlawn Abby in Columbus, Ohio.


We had no idea that we'd start out the night with a little drama over a missing table. I'm still chuckling at the fact that we were being detectives as we eyeballed the legs and a lifted a few white linens with no success at spotting the missing link to a happy white picnic.


After all, the bike club went without a table, so why not these housewives?


But then some kind souls shared their extra table with us, and these creative ladies I call my friends we were ready to relax and enjoy.


My friend Rebecca from Rebecca's Bistro brought this amazing salad.


There was lots of ironstone...


And generous amounts of burlap and spirits...


Plus plenty of flowers and sparkles...


And friendships! Of course! What more could we ask for as we listened to the Randys Band treat the crowd to some sweet jazz.


I always enjoy walking around and seeing other beautiful people and tablescapes.


Yum! Simple and colorful.


One guy broke the rule and wore a blue shirt.!


The expressions and all white dishes were stunning.


I'm still wondering what were in these wraps!


This sweet lady was part of the bike club that came wheeling in on their rides.


This cheese plate was so stunning.


Trendy and cute with the picnic basket.


These lovely ladies were sweet and friendly.


We drew a lot of attention with the stunning center piece Summer brought. The silver suitcase it was sitting on really did come from France.


The backdrop was so amazing.


As the night closed in, we headed back to the country with memories of a magical experience that only Fête en Blanc could deliver.

Two funny facts of the evening:
The table was left at home in the garage when someone forgot to load it!
There was a big fat toad in one of the cars when the valet returned with it.

I want to thank all of my friends who were part of this event. I'm blessed to call you my friends.
I hope this motivated you to host your own Fête en Blanc in your backyard or perhaps by a pond. Or maybe even close your street and make it a block party! Whatever you do, make it lovely with good food, great friends, and lots of laughs. Au revoir! 

No comments:

Blogging tips