Web

9/29/2014

Heavenly Pumpkin Cheesecake

This pumpkin cheesecake I made this weekend was probably the best cheesecake I ever made and it was so easy.
I served it to many:)
It was the reward to my friend that rescued me when Daisy the dog locked me out of my car.
Served it to our guests on Sunday dinner, paired up with a good old fashioned roast.
Later as a campfire comfort food.
As we type I'm finishing off the last piece with my morning coffee, just because I can;)
 
For Crust:
 
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
5 tbs butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
For Cheesecake:
4.4 oz chocolate bar, broken in pieces
4- 8-oz cream cheese packs
1 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
2 tbs sour cream
3eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbs corn starch
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
For Topping:
 
1 cup of caramelized pecans
Store bought caramel for dipping apples in by produce
1.Grease a 9-inch spring form, set aside. Preheat the oven to 325. 
2.For crust: Mix the ingredients for the crust, very well, until all evenly incorporated. Press graham  cracker mixture into the pan, evenly, all over the bottom and about half way up the side. 
3.Lay the chocolate pieces all over the crust, evenly. 
4.For Cheesecake:
5.Start beating the cream cheese in a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
6.Add the vanilla extract, sour cream, and pumpkin puree.
7.Add the eggs, one at the time, beating after each addition.
8.Add sugar, spice and corn starch. Make sure that all ingredients are well combined.
9.Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan with crust. Sprinkle the pecans over the top.
10.Bake for 50-55 minutes
Drizzle caramel on top before serving.
 
I hope you enjoy this cheesecake recipe as much as we have.
Hope your also enjoying these beautiful fall days we have been having here in Ohio.

No comments:

Blogging tips