Web

10/11/2014

Farmhouse Frocks: Getting Ready for the Country Living Fair

 This week has been filled with its share of highs and lows. One moment, I'm fearful of the amount of farmhouse clothes that we're cranking out for the big show we have coming up on October 24th, 25th, and 26th. in Georgia. When Country Living Fair contacted me to see if I would be a vendor for their Atlanta show, at first, I was flattered, then I started thinking of all the planning and sewing it would take and I became intimidated, and, yes, I'll admit, fearful. But then I was reminded by my small team that I was operating out of fear, not faith. After more planning and planning and then some more planning, not to mention solid advice from those who have gone before us, we decided to jump off of the mountain and leave our fears behind.


We've hoarded lots of old lace and vintage heirloom tablecloths to make some amazing signature frocks for this upcoming event.


It feels like the perfect time of year to launch our new line. The air is crisp, the hillsides are beautiful, and the changing colors are kissed daily by brilliant sunsets.


And we keep coming up with more fabulous ideas! For example, we will have gobs of lacy vintage headbands that my girls are begging me to keep. I know they are totally styling when they sneak into the inventory.


Who knew I'd knock two things off my bucket list this year!?! I now have my own busy chickens, and I'm able to wear cute, shabby chic clothes in sizes that really fit me. Comfortable, gorgeous clothes that I can feel my beautiful self in. How great is that?


And the colors are just perfect! We have grey, taupe and cream colored infinity scarves that are crafted from the softest jersey and lace. Any suggestions on what to name these terrific scarves? Remember, the theme is chickens, country, and farmhouse style.


Our legwarmers and boot cuffs are being completed as I write.


Embellished denim jackets, up-cycled soft sweaters, and shirt-extenders in different colors...


A newspaper-print frock, a couple of plus-sized boyfriend jeans...


...the list is nearly endless.

One thing I feel pretty confident about is that you will love our Farmhouse Frocks booth. We now carry every size from 3 to 3X. AND all sizes run big instead of small! Isn't that refreshing!?!
Ladies have you ever heard this one? 
"Yes, we have that size, but our clothes have a tendency to run small."
Not with Farmhouse Frocks!

I'm bringing some of my favorite all-white ironstone to the show to give our displays a little more of farmhouse feel.

 
I'm so excited for the displays.


In all reality, I'd love to have this as my booth, but let's be realistic, right?


I've been blessed with an amazing support group as we bring this fair to its final week of prepping. I went to a friend's old barn and picked a couple of pieces for display today.


I wish we could find lots more of this newspaper print, but this is one of those one-of-a-kind dresses that you better snatch up the minute you see it!

 
 




 
As we reach to the top to bring you frocks that will make you feel beautiful.
 
Our honest-to-goodness, let's-be-fair sizes are:

One-Size-Fits-Small
3-10

One-Size-Fits-Medium
12-16

One-Size-Fits-All
18-4X
Mark the date in your phones, grab a friend, and come see me and a few of my girlfriends at the Country Living Fair in Atlanta, Georgia on October 24, 25, and 26!
 
This spread of us being featured on the main banner was a sweet surprise.
 
I will post a blog soon on the picking adventure I had today! In the meantime, drink a spiced cider, eat another apple dumpling, and rest in the comfort of knowing that our clothes will free you to be beautiful, no matter what size you are.

FARMHOUSE FROCKS FACEBOOK

FARMHOUSE FROCKS INSTAGRAM

FARMHOUSE FROCKS WEB

 

No comments:

Blogging tips